What is an Opioid?
Opioids are a type of prescription drug that a doctor can give to a patient with long-lasting pain.
The opioid relieves pain by connecting to nerve cells in the brain, spinal cord and other areas of the body.
Some Types of Opioids:
- Fentanyl (Actiq, Duragesic, Fentora)
- Hydrocodone (Hysingla ER, Zohydro ER)
- Hydrocodone & Acetaminophen (Lorcet, Lortab, Norco, Vicodin)
- Hydromorphone (Dilaudid, Exalgo)
- Meperidine (Demerol)
- Methadone (Dolophine, Methadose)
- Morphine (Astramorph, Avinza, Kadian, MS Contin, Ora-Morph SR)
- Oxycodone (OxyContin, Oxecta, Roxicodone)
- Oxycodone & Acetaminophen (Percocet, Endocet, Roxicet)
- Oxycodone & Naloxone (Targiniq ER)